How to Cook 6 (Frozen) Meat Products using your Air fryer
Frozen meat can take a long time to cook when you are in a rush. However, thanks to air fryer technology, you can now cook a variety of frozen meat products in no time at all! From burgers to meatballs to different cuts of pork, this article gives a number of tasty air fryer recipes for you to try. Using an air fryer allows you to use much less oil than traditional recipes require, while still resulting in the same tasty meal.
1. Frozen hamburgers, turkey burgers, and veggie burgers
Different types of burgers are a classic favorite. While they are normally enjoyed grilled, this process can take a long time and is not always possible. By using an air fryer, cooking your preferred burger saves time and you won’t be able to tell the difference. Once your patties are done cooking in the air fryer you can throw the onto a bun with your favorite toppings, serve, and enjoy!
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients: frozen burger patties of your choice, non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat your air fryer to 360° F (182°C)
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking
- Place the burger patties in a single layer into the air fryer basket
- Cook the patties for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through
If your burger patties are not frozen, you can reduce the cooking time to 8-12 minutes. If using turkey burgers, make sure the center is cooked fully to avoid unwanted bacteria.
For veggie burgers check with the cooking directions on the package. If there are no specific air fryer instructions, you can use the baking directions by lowering the temperature by 20 °C (36° F) and by reducing the cooking time by about half.
2. Frozen meatballs and turkey meatballs
Whether added to spaghetti or as a part of a sub sandwich, meatballs are another favorite way to prepare ground meat. Making meatballs from scratch is a long process and without a good recipe they can turn out dry and fall apart. Buying pre-made frozen meatballs not only saves time, but assures that your meatballs will stay in tact while cooking. Using your air fryer makes this process even easier by reducing the amount of time they need to cook.
Cooking time: 9 minutes
Ingredients: frozen meatballs of your choice
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F (200°C)
- Place the meatballs into the air fryer basket
- Cook for 9 minutes, shaking often
You can use this method with frozen meatballs, no defrosting necessary. Shaking the air fryer basket often throughout the cooking process will make sure your meatballs cook evenly and get a nice crispy outside and tender inside. No oil is needed in this recipe.
3. Pork fritters
Pork fritters are battered and deep fried, resulting in a crispy golden-brown treat. However, deep frying results in added calories making this dish heavier than it needs to be. Using an air fryer reduces the amount of oil needed, allowing you to make a healthier version.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients: pork filet cut into chunks, 264 g flour, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon paprika, pinch cayenne pepper, 500 ml soda water, flour for dusting, non-stick cooking spray
- Dust the pork chunks with flour, shaking off the excess.
- Mix together the flour, seasonings, and soda water into a batter in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (182°C).
- Dredge the flour dusted pork into the batter.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray
- Place the battered pork into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook the pork for 10 to 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- The pork fritters are done when the breading is a golden-brown color and the pork is cooked all the way through.
For a tasty dip, mix together 1 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard, 10 tablespoons (30g) chives, and salt and pepper to taste. To serve, add finely chopped coriander and thinly sliced green chiles to the fritters, dip, and enjoy! This dip adds a sweet, spicy, and creamy flavor to the breaded pork.
4. Pork loins
Pork loin is a tender and juicy dish that compliments mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables to create a delicious feast. However, sometimes it can take up to 2 hours to cook when made in an oven. Thankfully, using an air fryer can make this process much faster. You can even cook the pork loin if it is still frozen, making it even faster to create a delicious meal.
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Ingredients: 2 lb (900g) pork loin, seasonings of choice, oil of your choice
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Drizzle oil over the pork loin and rub into the skin.
- Sprinkle the seasoning onto the pork.
- Place the loin into the air fryer and cook for 50 minutes (25 minutes per 1lb (450g) of pork).
- When the pork is cooked through, take out of the airfryer and cover with foil.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
If the pork loin is frozen when you need to cook it, add 10 to 15 minutes onto the cook time. To ensure the loin is cooked all the way through, pierce the thickest part with a knife. If the liquid that runs out is clear, the pork is cooked. Another way to tell is to use a meat thermometer, making sure that the pork reaches 145°F (63°C).
5. Pork chops
Pork chops can be difficult to cook properly, as it is easy for them to overcook and become dry and tough. To avoid this issue, people often add a lot of butter or oil to the pan to keep the chops moist. Unfortunately this adds a lot of sneaky calories to your meal. Alternatively, air fried pork chops come out juicy and tender without all the oil.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients: 6 oz pork chops, oil of your choice, seasoning to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F (194°C).
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel.
- Lightly coat the pork chops in oil, covering all sides.
- Season the pork chops with your desired seasonings, such as salt, pepper, garlic, and smoked paprika.
- Place the pork chops into the air fryer basket for 10 to 14 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
- Test the chops to make sure they are cooked all the way through, adding more time in the air fryer as needed.
Cooking times can be increased or decreased depending on the size of your pork chops. You can check the doneness of the pork chops when you are flipping them halfway through.
6.Breaded pork tenderloin
Beaded pork tenderloin is a popular dish in Midwest region of the United States. The pork is pounded into thin slices, then breaded to create a crispy coating. It is often served on a sandwich, making for a tasty lunch or dinner.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients: pork tenderloin (defrosted), 2 large eggs, ¼ cup milk, 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs, salt and pepper to taste, non-stick cooking spray
- Slice the tenderloin into ½ inch rounds.
- Place the rounds between two plastic sheets and pound until each piece is ¼ inch thick.
- In a wide bowl, mix together the eggs and milk.
- In a separate bowl or pie plate, pour the breadcrumbs.
- Dip each piece of pork into the egg and milk mixture, allowing excess to drip off.
- Then dip the pork into the breadcrumbs, coating each side.
- Place the coated pork onto a wire rack for 30 minutes to ensure the coating will stick.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the coated tenderloin into the basket in a single layer.
- Cook the tenderloin for 10 minutes, then take out, flip, and spray more cooking spray.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until both sides are crispy and golden-brown.
As a twist on the classic BLT sandwich, serve the breaded pork tenderloin on a bun with your choice of condiments, lettuce, and tomato.