Potato Chips in the Air Fryer
Making potato chips in your air fryer requires a little bit of effort but the result is a salty snack that's actually pretty healthy than the ones packed and ready to eat chips you can buy from groceries. This can be served as side dish to other snacks such as hotdog sandwich and burgers. May it be a movie night with your significant other or with family, you're surely have a great time with your healthy and crunchy snack.
- 1 unpeeled russet potato, cut into thin round slices
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cooking oil spray
Soak potato slices in a large bowl of cold water for 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and pat dry.
Preheat air fryer to 180 ° C or 360 ° F for 3 minutes
On a dry bowl add oil, salt, and black pepper. Mix potatoes into oil mixture and gently toss to evenly coat.
Apply cooking oil spray to air fryer basket. Add potato slices, side by side, to the air fryer basket,
Cook potatoes until chips are tender and crispy, about 15 minutes.
Carefully transfer chips from air fryer to a plate.
Serve with your favorite dip.
- You may use canola or safflower oil as neutral oil
- For best results, use a mandolin with the “thin slice” blade to cut the potato.
- Shake halfway
- Garnish chips with fresh herbs and additional seasoning, if desired.